Sunday, June 3, 2012

Beauty Q & A

Seriously, one of my favorite things to do when I'm bored is fill out surveys. I know, what an exciting life I lead. Anyway, I found this beauty questionnaire that I don't believe I've ever filled out before so...here we go!
1. Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge, or fingers?
I apply mine with a brush, typically the Sephora Mineral Powder Brush #45 or the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I've tried to use a sponge similar to the Beauty Blender and it just takes too freakin' long. I haven't used my fingers since High School, it feels weird.
2. Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark? or dark to light?
Light to dark, that way, I don't have to worry about the dark shadow on the brush when I dip it into the light. I do my highlight last, though, with a different brush.
3. Do you prime your eyes?
Always. Normally with a Paint Pot.
4. Concealer first, or after foundation?
After.
5. Go for manicures, or manicure yourself?
Do them myself...I just feel like it's a waste of money since I'm so rough on my hands at work. I like to get a pedicure every once in a while though, because they last a lot longer on me.
6. Exfoliate lips, face or both?
Both. For my face I use the Clarisonic once a day and then a physical exfoliator like Exfolikate about once a week. The best thing I've found to exfoliate my lips is a plain old wet wash cloth.
7. On average, how long does it take you to do your makeup?
About 10 or 15 minutes. I failed miserably at the 5 Minute Makeup Challenge.
8. Do you wear makeup everyday and everywhere?
I wear makeup every day that i work, for sure. But on the weekends I typically don't unless I'm going to a family party or dinner or something.
9. What release are you most excited about? (Makeup)
Currently nothing... there's just too many recently. I do hope MAC comes out with a nice warm fall collection, though. I love warm neutrals and anything to do with fall. I get so jealous when I see people use the Spiced Chocolate Quad or even Mulled Cider Eyeshadow because those came out before i was into makeup and they just look right up my alley. The names make me want them even more, anything that has to do with fall I need in my life. A collection like Warm & Cozy might make me fall back in love with MAC.
10. What’s your weakness? Shoes, purses, clothes, jewelry, eyeshadow, lipstick or other?
I'd say my weakness is nail polish, although I'm getting better.
11. Do you whiten your teeth?
I use Crest 3D Vivid White or whatever it's called. Then I have Whitestrips and the 5 Minute White System...I'm too lazy to do them most of the time. Note to self: face mask and Whitestrips tonight.
12. Wax eyebrows, or pluck?
Pluck.
13. What do you use to contour?
I don't really contour. I just sort of bronze around the edges of my face using either Milani Sunset Duos in Sunset City or NYC Sunny.
14. False lashes, or natural?
Natural. But I wore falsies last weekend and they were amazing. They looked so good and I couldn't even feel them. I think they were Ardell 109's. LOVE.
15. Favorite makeup brand?
That is just too hard of a question.
16. Liquid eyeliner, pencil or gel?
Gel if I want a stark line, a really soft almost liquid pencil (i.e. Milani Liquif'eye, MUFE Aqua Eyes, Urban Decay 24/7) when I don't.
17. Lipstick, lipgloss or chapstick?
Lipstick.
18. Pigments, pressed or cream eyeshadow?
Depends on what I'm in the mood for/how much time I have. I love BE loose shadows but I'm loving their pressed ones as well and pressed is usually faster. I have a slight obsession with cream shadows, however. 
19. If you had to wear only one thing, excluding foundation; what would it be?
Mascara. But that situation would really suck.
20. Favorite color?
Taupe. LOL, is that even a color? I used to make fun of my mom for being so boring and loving taupe but it is very versatile and can easily lean more brown, purple, silver, whatever. I love taupe.
21. Favorite color combination?
For eyes? I really like mixing cool and warm tones. I like to do taupe with a warm brown crease or light cool brown with a burgundy crease.
22. Natural? or Dramatic? (Eye Makeup)
Lately I've been loving natural eyes and a bright bold lip but when I'm excited to sit and get ready for a night out I love doing a smoky eye.
23. Do you care more for quality or name brand?
Quality.
24. Do you enjoy using face masks? If so which ones?
I like using them but get annoyed when I have to take them off. I really love the Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra-Cleansing Mud Mask (what a mouthful) and I want to try more of their products soon. It does everything the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask does without the weird smell that's left behind.
25. What is your current addiction? (example: lipsticks, eyeshadows, earrings..)
My current addiction is probably bold lipsticks. I really love MUFE #36 and MAC Watch Me Simmer. I need to do a "Summer Lipsticks" video soon :)
Ardell 109 Lashes & MUFE #36 Lipstick
Thanks for reading! Let me know if you fill out this questionnaire, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment